Hulu.com or Huluplus.com is an online streaming service owned by some of the biggest names in the film, movie and television industry including The Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Comcast, and Time Warner.
Due to the high demand of online video streaming, and the success of services like Netflix, Crunchyroll and Amazon Video, the industry giants decides to come up with something of their own and something legal. And Hulu was the result of this great joint venture.
Hulu.com is fast making significant progress on its bid to stand among the top video streaming services by constantly adding additional features and an improving interface to give better user experience and to stay in tune with the latest technology.
Among Hulu’s improvements include the ability to import films and to give the users a better experience and an upgraded service to justify the monthly subscription, Hulu is working hard to seal new deals that will enable the company to feature more current shows and Live TV programs.
Hulu.com is well known for its vast inventory of Anime Series, Complete TV Seasons and Art-House Movies. However, where it stands out most is the provision of Next-Day Streaming of Current shows.
Unlike Amazon Video and Netflix that needs to wait for months or even up to a year to air TV series after debut, Hulu Plus air TV series immediately after its been aired. And this is possible due to the powerful backers of the company.
Hulu has its downsides also, the video quality of some of the movies in its catalog are below-par compared to Netflix that offers HD version of almost all videos. Also, the in-video advertisements is not friendly for a paid service.
Table of Content
- 1 Introducing Hulu.com
- 2 Features of Hulu (Hulu Plus)
- 3 How Much does Hulu Cost (Hulu.com Pricing)
- 4 How to Sign for Hulu Plus
- 5 Get 45 Days Free Subscription on Hulu.com
- 6 Step by Step Guide to Using Hulu Plus
- 7 How to Activate Hulu TV App on your Devices
- 8 How to Cancel your Hulu Plus Subscription
- 9 How to Delete Your Hulu.com Account
- 10 Useful Links
- 11 Hulu Plus Vs Netflix
Features of Hulu (Hulu Plus)
Hulu.com offers a range of features among which include;
- Stream Videos on all devices: Hulu.com allows you to stream on any device of your choice as long as you are connected to the internet. You can Watch current hit TV shows and acclaimed movies. Unlimited streaming available on TV set, Mobile devices, Xbox, PS3, Apple TV, and many other devices that can access the internet.
- Hulu App for all Devices: Another feature that made me fall in love with Hulu.com is the ability to download the Hulu.com app on all of my devices, Android, iOS and Windows Phone. Hulu can also be enjoyed on PC regardless of the operating system. I do enjoy Hulu plus on my Ubuntu PC, Windows and MAC.
- Next Day Streaming of Current Shows: Hulu.com offers the Streaming of current episodes of your favorite series the next day that it was aired. What this means is that you do not have to pay for that expensive television subscription when you can always watch the same episode in less that 24 hours with $7.99 subscription on Hulu Plus.
- Award-Winning Television Series: Hulu Plus offers you new and exclusive award-winning series, movies, documentaries and sports. Most of which you might not find on other online streaming services.
- Hulu + Disney means more movies: After announcing its deal with Walt Disney on the 27th of December 2016, Hulu have shown that it is ready to be the pioneer online streaming service out there and that deal means Hulu users will get first hand Disney movies on demand.
How Much does Hulu Cost (Hulu.com Pricing)
I know many have been curious to know why they can no longer access their Hulu Free accounts. Let me quickly call to your notice that Hulu.com no longer offer Hulu free accounts, so all Hulu members are now forced to move to Hulu plus, which used to have its own web address as www.huluplus.com or plus.hulu.com.
Starting from August 2016, Hulu.com have decided to drop the free Hulu account to fully move to the Hulu plus.
Hulu was known for the provision of ad-supported free streaming service on Hulu Free. And also the free Hulu account that existed for years with restrictions on the number of movies you can watch on Hulu for free. This changes came as a result of a new partnership signed with Yahoo.
Now you have just two subscription options, the Hulu Plus And the No Commercial Hulu Plus plans.
|Hulu Plus||Hulu Plus No Commecials|
|Access To 5+ of the Latest Episodes|
|Access to Past Seasons|
|iOS, Android, Windows, Consoles, & Smart TV Compatibility|
|Showtime Add On||*||*|
How to Sign for Hulu Plus
Get 45 Days Free Subscription on Hulu.com
Even though Hulu Free has been put to rest, you can still enjoy Julu services for 45 Days free of charge. This is a rare offer as Hulu.com only offers 5 days free trial on its website for the Hulu plus service.
To obtain your 45 days Hulu FREE trial, simply follow the following steps;
- Go to LINK
- Click on ‘Start Your Free Trial’ on the Hulu.com landing page that opens next
- On the next page, you need to create your account by entering your email, password and other personal information. You can also sign up using your Facebook account/
- On the next page, enter in your credit card info. NOTE: You will not be charged for your first 45 days but will be charged $7.99/month (Limited Commercials plan) after your 45 days are up unless you cancel before the end of the trial period. You may cancel at any time.
- CONGRATULATIONS! You have now signup for Hulu.com Hulu Plus Limited Commercial Plan
Step by Step Guide to Using Hulu Plus
Using Hulu.com is very easy, all you need is internet service and a device to access Hulu server that will grant you access to unlimited Hulu Plus Movies, Hulu Plus TV Shows, Hulu Plus TV series and other Hulu.com services. The only requirement needed to watch Hulu movies and Hulu shows is a Flash-enabled browser or device.
How to Login to Hulu Plus on PC
To watch Hulu Plus movies and shows on your PC, the easiest way is using a modern internet browser like the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and many others.
- Browse to huluplus.com login page by going to https://secure.hulu.com/account/signin
- Enter your email a
- nd password
- Click the login button and you’re in!
How to Get Hulu Plus on your mobile devices
To get Hulu Plus on Mobile, you need to download the Hulu.com official mobile app from the Play Store and Apple Store.
To Download Hulu TV on your Android phone, simply click on the install button below from your mobile browser and follow the installation process;
To download Hulu TV on your iPhone, simply install the official Hulu Plus app from your mobile iOS device below;
To download Hulu Plus on your Windows Phone device, Click on the install button below from your windows mobile device and follow the installation process;
How to Activate Hulu TV App on your Devices
After installing Hulu Plus on your device, it is time for you to start using. However, before then, you need to activate the app before you can start streaming online.
To activate Hulu Plus TV on your mobile device, follow the steps below;
- Open the Hulu TV app on your device
- Tap the Hulu Green logo to enter your registered Email and password
- Tap the login button to open Hulu and start enjoying.
If your device request for activation then use the below method;
- Activate Hulu Plus on your devices at www.huluplus.com/activate. The activation code is already provided on the Activate This Device page.
- Visit the activation site given on your computer. Sign in using your email and password.
- Enter the device activation code displayed on your TV screen and click “Activate”.
- Your device will then be automatically logged in to your Hulu Plus account.
If you are using Apple TV, you can choose the “Purchased through iTunes? Restore” button to log in with your Apple ID on condition that your Hulu Plus subscription is being billed through the iTunes store.
How to Cancel your Hulu Plus Subscription
The need to cancel a Hulu Plus account arises based on different reasons, one of which could be that you have almost exhausted your free trial and you do not want to be billed for the monthly subscription.
Another reason could be that you are one of those who subscribed to Hulu.com just to watch a particular TV series that is now completed so you do not see reasons to keep renewing the Hulu Plus subscription plan.
I have written a short guide below on how you can cancel or stop your Hulu Plus subscription without deleting your account because you might need to renew again someday and will need your saved movie list.
To cancel your Hulu Plus subscription, follow the steps below;
Step 1. Login to you Hulu account by going to www.hulu.com and click on the login button at the right-hand side of the screen.
You can either login with your email and password or with your Facebook account.
Step 2: Click on your profile picture to drop down your account options, then click on Account
Step 3: Scroll to the bottom right of your screen to click on Cancel Subscription
Step 4: Scroll down after the terms and conditions page appears and then finally click on Cancel. An email will be sent to you to confirm the cancellation.
How to Delete Your Hulu.com Account
Deleting Hulu account means you will no longer have access to the account and even if you are to re-signup, all of your saved data will be lost.
Therefore, it is highly recommended to cancel subscription rather than to delete the account altogether.
You should only go ahead with account deletion if you are certain that you no longer want to use Hulu service.
To delete your hulu.com account;
Step 1: Login to your account at hulu.com login page
Step 2: Click on your profile picture to trigger the dropdown menu m then click on Account
Step 3: Goto the Personal Information Section and click on edit information
Step 4: Scroll down to click Delete my Hulu Account
Step 5: Enter your password in the password field and then click Delete
- Hulu Plus Homepage – plus.hulu.com
- Hulu Plus Supported Devices – www.hulu.com/plus/devices
- Hulu Official Website – www.hulu.com
- Hulu Help Center – www.hulu.com/help
Hulu Plus Vs Netflix
Hulu’s major competition is Netflix, currently the largest video on demand streaming platform out there. However, that is just about to change with the new Hulu + Disney deal that is expected to give Hulu.com an edge over the competitors.
If you are looking for a more friendly user interface, Netflix wins in that aspect as surfing around Hulu could be challenging especially for first-time users. Unlike Netflix that has a better and a clearer navigation.
In terms of video quality, I’ll give this also to Netflix because many of the older movies and shows on Hulu plus does not have HD versions, forcing users to stick with the low-quality videos.
Another flaw of Hulu is the display of ads in videos. Netflix is 100% ads free unlike Hulu that occasionally displays ads while playing videos, this could be annoying considering it’s a paid service. The good news though is that you can go for the Hulu Plus No Commercial Plan.
Online streaming services can only add videos they have legal rights to show. There is no out right winner in this category because even though Netflix can boast of a larger catalog, Hulu has a more updated catalog and it next day streaming of latest shoes gives Hulu an edge over all other services.
In conclusion, to choose which of Hulu.com and Netflix solely depends on personal preferences, so before going for any of these services, you are advised to browse through the Videos, Shows, TV episodes that they offer. A great service to help you see the list of programs provided by these platforms is JustWatch.